Thursday, June 23, 2011

Singing and dancing Zumba at a wedding with friends...

To sum up the last month..... singing, zumba, wedding, friends...

I´m back into my singing. When i heard that Complete Vocal Studio was having a 3 day Seminar, i jumped at the chance. It was amazing, i had so much fun learning, singing and meeting new people. I learned more in these 3 days than all the other however long courses i took. The teachers were also so much fun, among them was Hera (who competed for us in Eurovision). Entertaining and informative, the way it should be. Made me feel more confident for L.A....can you believe it, L.A. in only 3 months.

Babysat my nieces while they were sick only to find them swimming in a pile of cheerios (cereal). Such a kodak moment and funny seeing their smiling expressions so i could only say "you´re so lucky i´m not your mother"...loved helping out and getting a little time with my sister as well.

I´ve gotten to know the greatest group of people, Þórdís, her boyfriend and her friends, or "the swing club". I´ve been hanging out with them a lot, just chilling and laughing at their home, baking, watching tv, sunbathing at our workplace, out to dinner or going to Auður´s for barbeque and beer in the hot tub. That´s what i call paradise.The most fun evening was Anton´s birthday party. I wasn´t going to go but since they were so kind to invite me to their group i didnt want to miss the chance and thank god i didnt. I was just going to drop by....well...came home at 5 am. We had fun at Anton´s and Helgi´s place playing darts, singing (my way of getting everyone out...totally worked) posed for pictures, went to bars Barbara and Oliver and danced the night away. Well..then unfortunately they couldnt find the keys to the car so we walked a long way to my car to pick them up and then drove them home. Despite that this night was LEGEN...wait for it...DARY! LEGENDARY!


Met my friends Guðrún, Dagný, Þórunn, Lára, Ingunn, Eva, Birgitta, sisters Svava and Sara as well as Kolla and wife Sandra,daughter Tinna and their beautiful baby Rökkvi. He had grown so much since i saw him last. So adorable. Me and Þórunn went on another pub crawl and this time met some guys from Michigan and the only thing i could think of was Marshall (from HIMYM) and Prince. Not much else I knew from that place, but the guys were fun to talk to. When you´re a workaholic like me you need extra time for friends...to make up for lost time.




Talking of friends, my best friend Alexandra, her boyfriend Paul and Anna, came to Iceland for Dora´s wedding. Yes, the redhaired Dora who was with me in Vienna was getting married and we were all there to celebrate. I got Alexandra for a whole evening of girl talk, Anna for lunch and the both of them for dinner, then on Saturday, Doras wedding day, i invited the girls to the spa and then we met at the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. I mostly enjoyed spending time with Alexandra and Anna and had a hard time leaving. I hate saying goodbye, although the good thing is that everytime i meet them it´s like no time has passed, that´s the thing with good friends. And how amazing is it to have friends all over the world. Awesome.

Working like crazy but cutting back on the zumba, from 8 classes to 3, so i can actually have a social life and enjoy the summer .I´m loving it, especially since i have awesome friends to share it with, now i´m just waiting until the end of July when Frikki comes...that will be the best. Until then

No comments: