Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

It´s the end of an era....the end of my Vienna chapter.

Once you take a decision you have to take action. I talked to my family, booked the tickets and prepared everything for my leaving to Iceland.

The hardest thing was though to say goodbye to Lumi, my love for 6 years. After 6 years either you get married or break up.... i hated to do the latter but there were more reasons to break up then stay together. I hate to say it but culture and the language barrier did play its part. It´s really hard to be in a relationship with someone from such a different culture and speak another language. And then once you think of the future, it will play an even bigger part. We ended the relationship in good terms and we still stay in contact. He is an amazing guy and I wish him all the best. He will always have a place in my heart.

The second hardest was to say goodbye to friends. I had a goodbye party at Charlie Ps (my favourite bar) and around 20 people came, i was overwhelmed by all the people. So great of them to come.  Got some great presents, including a key chain that said Hotel Mama, another key chain with the letter A in glitter, a pop up card of Vienna, candles and more. Unfortunately I a had sunstroke, so i was feeling sick the whole time. 

My dad was so great to come to Vienna and help me with the rest of the move. It was great support. Andreea also helped me pack (it was so much fun to pack with her, more dancing on couches, less packing). We put all my stuff into 5 boxes and sent to Iceland. It was quite poetic. 5 years into 5 boxes.

My Vienna chapter may be done but that leaves an even better one to come. 

So as the kids in Sound of the music sang
"So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye"

No comments: