Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Work, birthday presents, reunion and tons of fun with friends

Only a month until I´m moving to L.A.....

Lot of changes at my work. My mom got a new job at Sjova, and new owners took over the spa in the end of last month, a lot of changes between so it´s been a very challenging time at work. Me and Ingunn even had a theme song during that time "GIRLS, WE RUN THIS MOTHERF*-ing PLACE!"

Dagný´s birthday party, which brought all of us "Vælsdruslurnar" together, the team that performed"baby one more time" so legendary in Verzló (our old school).



 Other news...my nieces just said "Anna" for the first time....totally made my day!



Visited my friend while she was sick. She has been such amazing friend to me so the least i could do was bring her some chocolate and company. She also helped me make the collage for my mom. Since my mom had a new job and a birthday i asked our colleagues if they wanted to contribute and give a present for my mom and man...the response was amazing. So many people helped. I gave her two huge posters with greetings from people, flowers at her new work and money for a holiday.She loved it!

I also did something for my brothers birthday. He really likes this icelandic band Jon Jonsson, so for his birthday i talked to the front man of the band (he is a friend of mine) to not only give him an autograph but also a little greeting on video. Needless to say, my brother loved it.

I´ve discovered something. It´s amazing how when you´re pretty and dressed up, no interesting guys are around but the one time you don´t wear makeup or fancy clothes, there they are. I was walking with my good friend Þórunn in Nautholsvik, i had just gotten out of bed to meet her at the ice cream store and then a walk in nautholsvik when all of a sudden i see tons of cute guys walking towards us. NOT FAIR! It´s hard to feel confident in a foo fighters t-shirt, lazy pants and glasses...that´s all i say.






I invited my awesome friends "Swing" group to a dinner party, burritos/tacos, strawberry daiquiri and singstar dance. We had a blast talking, laughing and singing/dancing and then partied downtown, except there were few people, not enough fun so we took "kubbur", a very popular game at home, where you throw some sticks. We played that game at  Austurvöllur at 3 am... we had so much fun playing. There were even these guys monitoring it from the top of the bar. The next morning i was telling my brother and he said "Wait, was there a girl in a red dress"....i answered:"Stefán, that was me"....turns out he and his friends were the ones monitoring the game. This is how small Iceland is!



I met Alexandra and Ósk, Icelanders who lived in Vienna for dinner at Uno. I had only met either one but we had not been all three together since 2006, or for 5 years... Amazing how time passes by, but the beauty of that kind of friendship is, we didnt feel as any time had passed. We talked for hours.



My best friend Frikki is in town, so we celebrated big time, drank tons and danced the night away.....as the J.Lo song goes. Let´s just say i uttered the phrase "i´ll never drink again" several times.

I celebrated Gay pride with "my gays", as i´ve done ever since 2003. This year we were not on a float so we actually got to see the show. It was a blast. Even the mayor took part as "Fröken Reykjavik"....loved it. I´m so grateful to live in a country that celebrates human rights in such a way.









After the show we had a beer and then i went home to rest a little for the night. We met at Frikki´s and his boyfriend Davíð´s place and had drinks with all their friends. So different people but we got along so well.  We went to the party downtown at Nasa, where I met Þórdís, Auður, Hreiðar and so many others i hadn´t seen for the longest time. I love celebrating Gay Pride with my gays.

We celebrated my nieces 2 year old birthday party at my parents house on the porch. We were so lucky with the weather, it was probably 25 degrees (which is a heat record in Iceland). We ate cake, sang, danced Zumba and talked. It´s a great occasion to bring the family together. And the girls really seemed to enjoy themselves, especially when we turned the sandbox into a swimming pool.

I´m on holiday now so i´m using the time to hang out with Frikki, and my other friends, relax a little, sleep in, dance zumba, write, prepare for L.A. and perhaps make something out of my websites. 
Most of all, enjoy this time in Iceland surrounded by family and friends...while i still can ;)

No comments: