Saturday, December 11, 2010

Post Break-up

Let´s just face it, breakup sucks and it´s hard to get over. It´s been 5 months since I broke up with my boyfriend and moved back home but i´m still recovering from all the change, from not having that special someone in my life.

It´s funny, i´ve noticed some things about being broken up i didn´t know. The frustration that follows. Seeing happy couples, songs (it seems all songs are love songs) or all this love in movies and TV series can make you crazy....it makes you want to throw things at the TV like in this clip from Legally Blonde.....



or leave you bitter and hopeless like the following scene from Sex and the city



During this period i´ve discovered a couple of things that make you feel better

Break-up movies: "500 days of Summer" and "The Break up."




and

Break-up songs

 I will survive-Gloria Gaynor (ultimate break up song)


You and I-Medina (or Kun for mig in Danish)


Irreplacable, Beyonce


Big girls don´t cry, Fergie



Since you´ve been gone-Kelly Clarkson



Don´t Speak-No doubt



You lost me-Christina Aguilera




Single-Natasha Bedingfield





Single-Myah Marie


Single ladies-Beyonce




and my favourite (because it starts "love made me blind" focusing on the negative and then focusing on the positive "i´m feeling like a star, you can´t stop my shining")

Ridin Solo-Jason Derulo


Thankfully, like the song by Jason Derulo you get over these negative feelings and focus on all the positivity in your life. Your new found freedom, more time for yourself and things you love to do and discover yourself again. And that´s exactly what i´m doing...."I´m solo...i´m riding solo"

No comments: