Saturday, May 01, 2010

March-April

So I´ve talked a lot about Vienna vs. Iceland, my perspective but here is what I´ve been up to

3 months of German classes done, 3 months to go. I actually like the course, our group is very international, each from different country, Turkey, Poland, Egypt, Serbia and Lithuania. Two people already left us because they got jobs but the group became even closer because of it. Our teacher is wonderful, very patient, open,  and makes sure we understand what she´s teaching us. She also picks out good exercises. But it can get intense, studying German 4 hours from Monday-Thursday.

I´m also on the lookout for jobs, I got another interview at Western Union (another department), they wanted me but it was only a part time job so i couldn´t accept. I have another interview this week with another company so we´ll see how that goes. I´m always applying.. still waiting for the right job to come along. I want a job that I´m interested in so If I have to wait for it so beat it.

"Cha...cha...cha ..cha...changes" Valentina (the owner of my dance studio) had to quit, which left me sad since she made this dream a reality, opened up her own studio with blood, sweat and tears (literally) so to have it be in the hands of others is unfair. In my mind it will always be her studio. We (the teachers) bought her a little book, wrote sweet messages with pictures,  and gave her at her goodbye party. Then she invited us all to her apartment for a final goodbye. It was so sad. I´ll miss having her there and the events that the teachers had because of her. It was great to be a part of something special like that so I´m grateful for that.

I quit the jazz lessons. They were not working and since the summer is coming I knew that even fewer people would attend so I quit it. But no worries, I might have a jazz workshop later on where people can sign up and come. Until then I have wedding workshops (http://www.casomai.at/Hochzeitsworkshop.html). I had one the other day. Man i love teaching people in love how to dance. It´s so adorable.

I attended my first Austrian Graduation, my friend Sanja became a doctor (a real one). It was held in the big room (Grosser Festsaal) at the University of Vienna. That building is so beautiful and the room was exquisite. The ceremony was short and sweet, first came in the professors (dressed in black capes with weird hats on) and then the students (dressed eloquently) and sat down on chairs on the left side and in the direction of the podium. The professor spoke, joked and then each student had to come to the professor, place their hand on oak and say in latin "I swear" (totally different from the oath on Grey´s Anatomy, hehehe). Then they received their diploma...more latin spoken and done. It was barely an hour and afterwards we went to the next room where each student had his/her own table (with water/champagne/orange juice) and catering. I liked it. So now i call my friend Dr. Sanja


So when i was not in class I met my friends Claudia, Tina, Teodora,Sanja and the Cashmere mafia. I also went to my friend Anca´s housewarming party (great apartment) and met old school colleagues from Webster and some new people. 

Best one was when i met Tina at the bar 15/16, we sat at a table of four and the waiter told us we could sit there until the people who reserved it came. The later it got more guys came in and wanted to sit next to us. Since it was reserved the waiter kept kicking them off our table. So we thought of a great way for girls to meet guys. Reserve a table for four (you two opposite) at a bar when a big football tournament is on and then pick and choose the guys you want sitting next to you. Not bad ;)

I´ve been jamming with a band called The Hurricane Project. The band consists of four Austrian guys in their late thirties/early fourties, playing keyboard, bass, guitar and drums. We play a mixture of songs, from AC/DC, Joan Jett, Cher, Bryan Adams to Robbie Williams, Queen and Bon Jovi. It´s really fun. I didn´t want to say anything since we just started but I really like playing with them.

It was cool because on my dad´s birthday I could sing with them "Another Brick on the Wall" since my dad loves Pink Floyd. I also dedicated a video to him (from simpsons) on my site.

Talking about my site. I just opened a new look on my site... check it out
www.brighten-your-day.com

I´ve been sick, started with a throat ache, then runny nose and finally such bad cough i got stomach cramps. I went to the doctor and got some medicine. Turns out I have low blood pressure as well so i will have a blood test next Wednesday, until then i have drops to even out the blood pressure. No fun.

But it´s the end of the month and I´m finally better so now i can start fresh, healthy and new.

No comments: