Saturday, May 22, 2010

Raindrops keep falling on my head

I´m literally "Singin' In The Rain" ...it´s like British weather here in Vienna these days. It doesn´t stop raining. The worst was Thursday the 13th, I haven´t seen such rain since Florida ´95 (anyone who has seen rain in Florida, knows what I mean).

On the same day, i had to say goodbye to my friend Patricia, who graduated and was leaving to Romania. I joked that this was how much i was crying and pointed at the rain outside. I went with u3 from stephansplatz (see map below) in the direction of ottakring (orange line). My u-bahn only went until volkstheater (because of some water damage at Westbahnhof, which meant i had to take u2 to karlsplatz, u4 to hietzing and 10 to Hütteldorferstrasse and walk from there. What normally takes me 20 minutes took 1 and a half hour.

When it rains, it pours and that´s Austria for you. The streets were filled with water, up to the sidewalks even. It was chaos. Meanwhile I was just amazed at the rain and it´s affect on the public transportation. It´s fine for now, I haven´t been feeling well (in and out of doctor´s office) so I´m fine with the weather, i sleep better in the rain :P but it better get better when my best friend is coming in June. I want some summer in Vienna...and that includes sun :P

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That was the day my husband and I left Vienna to come back to the US after our honeymoon/exploratory trip- we just missed the huge storm!

What I love about this post is that I know where you are talking about in the city now. And - we rode the U-bahn quite a bit to adventure to the farther ends of the city (and when our legs were worn out), so I am VERY familiar with this map :-)

Anna C said...

LUCKY to miss the rain. Good, this map will be your life savior. I know Vienna by this map.

btw. sorry to miss you while you were here, sunday is lumi day (day with my love) and we had partied the day before so we were exhausted but I´d love to meet you once you are in Vienna.