Thursday, October 14, 2010

An official Zumba teacher


After spending a weekend taking an instructor course and master class with the great Jenna Bostic in Oslo, Norway I can now finally call myself an offical Zumba teacher.

Me, Marta (the other Zumba teacher) and my mom flew on Friday, spent the day in downtown Oslo, shopping and sightseeing. Oslo is really beautiful, i was astounded by the diversity of houses. Otherwise we saw H&M, H&M, H&M, it was all over the place....it was even by our hotel. Let´s just say i probably spent my whole salary there. But it was all clothes i really need. I normally don´t shop often so when i do i buy a lot.

Saturday was Zumba day, first masterclass, then learning the steps, the music (intro-verse-chorus-break, etc) and then we created a dance by ourselves. It was so much fun. After the class we went to the hotel and took a little nap and then had dinner at the restaurant at the hotel. We had a blast, talking the whole night.

Sunday was Zumba day as well, pretty much same schedule, ending with handing out the diplomas and talking more about being a Zumba teacher and member of ZIN (Zumba Instructor Network), where we get cd/dvd´s and all sorts of material and access. Then we had our diplomas and left to our hotel only to eat dinner at the restaurant and then headed to the airport to go home.

A short but interesting weekend. I learned so much and was inspired to create my own routines so this weekend will be spent doing that ...can´t wait. My class is gonna be AWESOME!

I introduced Zumba to a town outside Reykjavik, called  Reykjanesbær (near the airport) during health week, where over 70 people showed up and more than half signed up for classes. A big success.

So if anyone needs a Zumba lesson, for any occasions, events or other,  don´t hesitate to contact me ;)

No comments: