Friday, October 22, 2010

Purple



Oct. 20 was a "purple day" where they asked people to wear purple to remember the lives of the teenagers that committed suicide due to gay bullying. Horrible how many have taken their lives due to bullying. That´s why i had to share this video above of councilman Joel Burns, sharing his experience with the subject. It´s a video that everyone should see.

I hate bullying in general but why is it always against people who are considered different in some way. I was always drawn to those people because that meant they were special, had something that the others didn´t see. And i know a lot of gay people and they are the sweetest and most special people in my life so that´s why i walk in the gay pride parade each year. For them. For my gays. So they can one day feel free to be who they are, to have the same rights as us.

I wish for those who don´t understand gay people to hang around them and they will see it, that it´s just love. Can you imagine if someone judged you and wouldn´t allow you to be with the one you loved.

Ask yourself: "how does a law allowing gay marriage affect me?"
Answer: "not at all."
But it does matter to them.
Equal rights for all!

  
My wish for 2010 is that people will understand that being gay is not a disease, not a choice - people who are gay are not looking for a cure but ACCEPTANCE and EQUAL RIGHTS!

No comments: