Thursday, September 08, 2011

See you next year





Had to say goodbye to my friends, which is always hard. Met Vælsdruslurnar (Dagný, Matthildur, Guðrún) at Uno for a delicious Italian meal, met Eygló at Vegamót for lunch, had dinner with Svava, Sara, Eva, Maya and Sigga at Caruso, ice cream and movienight with Þórunn, and drove around with Árnný. I also had a goodbye party at my house where Ingunn, Lára, Eygló, Begga, Guðrún, Maya, Valdi, Vala, Þórdís, Maggi and Auður had a blast talking, drinking and fooling around. Then we went downtown, where we had delicous Cosmopolitan at Laundromat and danced at Celtic. SUCH FUN!


Since I was going to L.A. i decided to be extra pretty, which meant coloring my hair, my eyebrows, waxing and facial. Highly recommend Erna at Verði Þinn Vilji for waxing and Anna María at Blue Lagoon Spa for facial. They were amazing. It was during the waxing, where as a comfort you almost scream "Beauty is pain".... that i thought how much women do to stay beautiful. It reminded me of a scene from Coupling (UK version), where a couple has broken up and both the girls and the guys go to the temple of women.... what do you think that means in their world? As the woman says "I´m single, i need to look good naked"



Me and Þórunn had a Marylin Monroe movie marathon, where we watched Gentlemen prefer Blondes (my favourite), Some Like it Hot and Seven Year Itch (famous picture of her over the vent). I love those movies, funny dialogue, music, dancing and singing. Just take a look at the clips below





and then the most famous look and song of hers



It´s weird, i lived in Vienna, Austria for 5 years but i always came home for summer and Christmas but now i´ll be staying in L.A. for 7 months but because i won´t be in Iceland for Christmas and New Years it seems so long. It´s weird saying to your friends "See ya next year".... until then skype and facebook.

Thank God for technology :)

No comments: