Sunday, September 25, 2011

A year ago....



A year ago I was in this place....crying on the bathroom floor, praying to God for guidance. For a sign.

The day after.....I got it....a moment of clarity. I wanted to move back home.

So i did. I broke up with my boyfriend, moved home, worked on myself and saved money to go to school in Hollywood. A dream of mine since I was a little girl.

And now.... a year later, i´m at my most peaceful i´ve been in years.
I´m content, happy with myself and my life.

I was watching Eat Pray Love now for the hundredth time, and it reminded me of the moment i watched it first. It was around the same time I had moved back home. I felt i like it was my story.

A person that lost oneself in love, so much she doesn´t recognize herself and was now on a journey to love life and herself. Change her thoughts. Let go of the past!

Or as Richard in Eat Pray Love says:

"Select your thoughts as you select your clothes everyday"


and when Liz talks about her missing David:

"Miss him, send him love and light and then let go"

I´ve been on that journey for three years, in 2009, dealing with my depression, 2010 dealing with what i want out of life (quarter life crisis), 2011 changing my negative thoughts into positive, learning to let go of the past, be grateful and love every little thing in life. It´s hard work but its worth it.

I´m in a totally different place. I´m happy!

It´s amazing what a difference a year makes.....

I guess it it true what Elizabeth Gilbert wrote: "Ruin is the road to transformation"

2 comments:

Aga said...

i am so happy and so proud of you. u made it. u proved to everyone that if you have a dream you just have to work hard and go for it.
i wish you all the best. enjoy your faboulous life in Hollywood :)
love u!

Anna C said...

Thank you sooo much sweetie!!!
your message means the world to me!

love you and miss you!

hugs,
Anna